The Huki Digital is an upcoming IT and Marketing company seeking to solve problems for organizations.
As part of strengthening our operations and delivering value to the customers, the marketing and branding department is looking for smart, creative and ambitious individuals to join the team.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The brand specialist will be responsible for growing, building and protecting Huki Digital and its affiliates brand by increasing circulation, reach, readership and advertising to achieve budgeted volume market share and profit objectives while developing and effectively implementing marketing activities for the brands. The executive will also participate in branding for customers based on our core offerings.
- Carrying out market research and trade visits/market intelligence in order to keep up to date with customer trends and to identify new target audiences/geographies; , as well as trying to predict future trends.
- Processing and presenting research information and using it to improve the brand ratings and content by feeding back effectively to the team.
- Ensuring brands remains recognizable, up to date and exciting to customers. Brand experts plan ways to promote – and change the public perception of – brands
- Developing strategies and new brand promotion ideas and activities managing marketing campaigns across print and online platforms to ensure that products and services meet customers’ expectations and to build the credibility of brands which contribute towards achieving brand growth, objectives of affinity, visibility and availability;
- supervising advertising, product design and other forms of marketing to maintain consistency in branding
- Planning and executing/seeking out relevant partnerships/ brand sponsorships for key events and activities in line with the brand profile audience; meeting with clients and working with colleagues across multiple departments.
- Protecting and defending share by monitoring product availability across Kenya for all brands where the audiences are concentrated, monitor competitor activity and results with an aim to continuously improve the brand game plans, enhance brand value and counter the competition;
- Generating advertising/ research briefs and objectives to agencies for various brands/develop brand profiles for sales presentation to the clients;
- Developing and distributing creative below the line materials to communicate brands to offer brand PR support to programming, circulation and advertising functions;
- Generating management reports on brand spending, brand performance, on-line engagement, listenership, share and in-market brand activity;
- Managing brand merchandise suppliers and agencies to achieve stated timelines and quality delivered.
- Organizing events such as product launches, exhibitions and photo shoots.
- Motivating and coaching the team to produce results in respective areas
- Experience with and an understanding of market research
- Ability to works within established rules, regulations, Policies and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a relevant field from a recognized institution
- Professional Qualification
- CIM or relevant marketing professional qualification Membership
- Member of MSK, CIM or relevant professional body
1-3 years relevant experience of which at least 6 years should be in management and growth of brands
Skills and Attributes
- Able to demonstrate research and analytical skills.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Demonstrate outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Creativity and an ability to produce innovative and original ideas.
- Conceptual & Digital Savvy
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenge, visit our website www.hukidigital.com/jobs to browse through the current openings/vacancies. Huki Digital is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification. Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.